Connie Ramos-Williams, President & CMO
The dedicated and energetic leader behind CONRIC, Connie leads the company and her team of experienced professionals in all public relations, marketing, advertising and publishing services. She oversees marketing communication and public relations activities, both internal and external. She is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all marketing strategies for CONRIC and its clients.
Passionate about improving the quality of life in Southwest Florida, Connie sits on the board of directors or advisory board for several community nonprofit organizations, including Dress for Success SW Florida, the Multicultural Centre of SWFL, the Above Board Chamber of Commerce and Fit Nation Magazine. She is a Founding member of the Tiger Bay Club of Southwest Florida and an active member of Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Southwest Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Above Board Chamber of Commerce, Southwest Florida Manufacturers Association and the Rotary Club of South Fort Myers. She serves on Florida’s 20th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee with the Florida Bar Association. She is also the longtime project director for the BIG Backpack Event.
Connie has become known as the “go-to” person for creative and innovative business marketing ideas and solutions that lead to measurable success. A native Floridian, she is the founder of Southwest Florida Parent & Child Magazine and is the past Niche Advertising Director for The News-Press.
WHY I CHOSE CONRIC
“I opened the doors at CONRIC PR & Marketing during the economic downturn in 2007 with the sole purpose of helping business owners succeed through strategic branding, digital marketing, advertising, public relations and website development. I love starting something from nothing and building a dynamic team that shares my passion for creating success for others- service above self.”
Five things you might not know about me:
1. We know what you do for a living. What do you do for fun? My fun starts each morning I walk into the office. I am truly blessed to have an amazing staff and clients to work with on everything from organizing and attending fun events to coming up with creative concepts to being able to make a difference in the community through our work with nonprofits. Outside of that, for fun, I love to travel to see our kids, dine out with friends, go to concerts, and unwind on the beach, quietly listening to the surf and the ospreys.
2. What’s your hometown, and what did you do the last time you were there? Although I call Fort Myers home, I was born and raised in Miami, where the culture and food are diverse. Last time we were there, we stayed with our friends, who renewed their wedding vows after 25 years of marriage. It was a festive gathering of close to a hundred friends and family with Latin music, food and laughter. Good times.
3. What is the most unusual thing about you? Perhaps one of the most unusual things about me is my career journey. I worked 18 years as a dental hygienist prior to becoming an entrepreneur, launching Southwest Florida Parent & Child magazine in 1999 and opening CONRIC PR & Marketing in 2007.
4. The executioner is coming, and you’re getting one last meal. What are you having? If it were my last meal, I may likely order something I am not able to eat routinely due to allergies — a plate of baked pasta with meat sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. And what the heck, pass the basket of garlic rolls and bring on the Tiramisu.
5. If you could live one day from your life again, which day would it be, and why? Our family wedding day on Feb. 14, 2004. We were surrounded by close friends and family who came from all over the country to celebrate with us. We had a condo on Sanibel Island full of children and friends, sharing stories and laughing until well into the next morning.
Other team members