Connie Ramos-Williams, President & CMO
Connie Ramos-Williams is the President & CMO of CONRIC PR & Marketing and CONRIC Publishing. She leads the Company and her team of experienced professionals in all public relations, marketing, advertising and publishing services. She is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all the Company’s and client’s marketing strategies, marketing communication, and public relations activities, both internal and external. She has become known as the “go to” person for creative and innovative business marketing ideas and solutions that lead to measurable success.
She sits on the board of directors or advisory board for several community non-profit organizations such as Dress for Success SW Florida, Multicultural Centre of SWFL, Above Board Chamber of Commerce and Fit Nation Magazine. She is a Founding member of the Tiger Bay Club of Southwest Florida, and an active member of Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Southwest Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Above Board Chamber of Commerce, Southwest Florida Manufacturers Association, Rotary Club of South Fort Myers and serves on the 20th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee with the Florida Bar Association. She has also been the project director for the BIG Backpack Event for more than 13 years now. The event serves more than 2,000 school age children with free backpacks and school supplies each year.
Connie Ramos-Williams is the founder of Southwest Florida Parent & Child Magazine and is the past Niche Advertising Director for the Fort Myers News-Press. She is a 2013 nominee for Distinguished Entrepreneur of the Year and the prestigious APEX award.
Connie is a native Floridian originally from Miami. When not in the office, she tries to spend time relaxing at the beach listening to the surf and enjoying the coastal breeze. She and her husband, Rick Williams, have four grown children.
Five things you might not know about me:
1. We know what you do for a living. What do you do for fun? My fun starts each morning I walk into the office. I am truly blessed to have an amazing staff and clients to work with on everything from organizing and attending fun events to coming up with creative concepts to being able to make a difference in the community through our work with nonprofits. Outside of that, for fun, I love to travel to see our kids, dine out with friends, go to concerts, and unwind on the beach, quietly listening to the surf and the ospreys.
2. What’s your hometown, and what did you do the last time you were there? Although I call Fort Myers home, I was born and raised in Miami, where the culture and food are diverse. Last time we were there, we stayed with our friends, who renewed their wedding vows after 25 years of marriage. It was a festive gathering of close to a hundred friends and family with Latin music, food and laughter. Good times.
3. What is the most unusual thing about you? Perhaps one of the most unusual things about me is my career journey. I worked 18 years as a dental hygienist prior to becoming an entrepreneur, launching Southwest Florida Parent & Child magazine in 1999 and opening CONRIC PR & Marketing in 2007.
4. The executioner is coming, and you’re getting one last meal. What are you having? If it were my last meal, I may likely order something I am not able to eat routinely due to allergies — a plate of baked pasta with meat sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. And what the heck, pass the basket of garlic rolls and bring on the Tiramisu.
5. If you could live one day from your life again, which day would it be, and why? Our family wedding day on Feb. 14, 2004. We were surrounded by close friends and family who came from all over the country to celebrate with us. We had a condo on Sanibel Island full of children and friends, sharing stories and laughing until well into the next morning.
Other team members