People love listicles. You’ve certainly read a few yourself—and more likely, you’ve read dozens. In fact, you’re reading one now.
What’s a listicle?
- It’s like a combination of a list and an article. People love “Top-10” style lists (Just ask David Letterman!).
- They were made popular from pop culture sites like Buzzfeed.com, and have since been adopted by most well known publications.
- They are a great way to get your message across
- They make it really easy for readers to digest information about a topic.
- They have a flexible format. You can keep it simple with a title and bullet points, or you can use a listicle as a framework for explaining more complicated topics.
If you’re planning to share content in a listicle, keep these six tips in mind:
- Keep the tone light and casual
- Use bullet points instead of numbers (unless the order or rank is important)
- Link to some of your existing content
- Simplify complex concepts to less than 10 words
- Include a brief introduction and conclusion
- Have fun with it!
Listicles are a great, shareable way to include your content on social media and blogs. To learn more about how to effectively share content, follow our blog for fresh marketing tips every Monday. Need help setting up your company blog? Call 239-690-9840 ext. 1001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free virtual business marketing consultation today.