Happy Wednesday! We thought we’d take some time to share important social media tips and tricks for businesses seeking to use these tools for their company.
General tips for businesses
- Develop a strategy.
- Develop a policy.
- Leverage all your digital assets by linking to and promoting your website and social media.
- Know the best times to post content per platform. Here are the best times, according to SumAll (sumall.com), a marketing analytics company.
- Twitter 1-3 p.m. weekdays
- Facebook 1-4 p.m. weekdays
- LinkedIn 7-8:30 a.m. and 5-6 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday
- Tumblr 7-10 p.m. weekdays and 4 p.m. on Fridays
- Instagram 5-6 p.m. weekdays and 8 p.m. on Mondays
- Pinterest 2-4 p.m. and 8-11 p.m. weekdays and weekends
- Google+ 9-11 a.m. weekdays
- Monitor the results.
- Use photos and video whenever possible.
Developing a social media policy
- Sample Template: shiftcomm.com/downloads/socialmediaguidelines.pdf
- Database of social media policies: socialmediagovernance.com/policies
- How to create a policy for your small business: sba.gov/community/blogs/ how-craft-social-media-policy-your-small-business
- Social media policy generator by PolicyTool: socialmedia.policytool.net
Tools to manage posts, update several sites at a time
- HootSuite: hootsuite.com
- Sprout Social: sproutsocial.com
- ArgyleSocial: argylesocial.com
- Buffer: bufferapp.com
Shorten a URL
- gl: goo.gl
- Bitly: bitly.com
- Tiny URL: tinyurl.com
Social media blogs
- Mashable: mashable.com
- Social Media Examiner: socialmediaexaminer.com
CONRIC PR & Marketing was founded in 2007. The award-winning, full-service PR agency provides strategic brand awareness campaigns, integrated public relations programs, marketing development and consulting services, advertising concept and campaigns, media buys, custom and niche publishing, creative writing and design, digital marketing strategies, website development and crisis communications strategy and implementation. The firm serves clients in many industry sectors including banking, legal, medical, government, not-for- profit, restaurant, manufacturing, construction, building and development, real estate, professional association, hospitality and salon & spa. CONRIC is a recipient of multiple Image Awards from the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association and Golden Image Awards from its statewide chapter, and Charlie Awards from the Florida Magazine Association. For more information, please call (239) 690-9840 or visit ConricPR.com.