Responding to the tremendous demand for food as families struggle because of the coronavirus, Blessings in a Backpack of Southwest Florida is partnering with several organizations to provide meals at several Grab & Go locations throughout Lee County.
Families are going hungry during these extraordinary and critical times and donations are needed more than ever. A tax-deductible donation of $4 is urgently needed to feed a child for one weekend while schools are not in session and many families struggle because of COVID-19. To make a donation, go to blessingsinswfl.org.
Thanks to the generosity of the community to move quickly on the Grab & Go locations, Blessings in a Backpack is able to partner with the Boys & Girls Clubs throughout Lee County, Interfaith Charities of South Lee, Eva’s Closet and the School District of Lee County to provide meals to thousands of school children and their families each Friday.
“Blessings in a Backpack of Southwest Florida is able to serve 5,000 students nutritious meals for the weekend,” executive director Cecilia St. Arnold said. “However, there are so many more students that are going without food on the weekends and need our help.”
The weekend meal packages from Blessings in a Backpack will be available from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Fridays at the following locations:
● RCMA Immokalee Community School, 123 North 4th St., Immokalee
● Shadowlawn Elementary, 2161 Shadowlawn Dr., Naples
● Colonial Elementary, 3800 Schoolhouse Road E., Fort Myers.
● James Stephens International Academy, 1333 Marsh Ave., Fort Myers
● San Carlos Park Elementary, 17282 Lee Road, Fort Myers
● Bonita Springs Elementary, 10701 Dean St., Bonita Springs
● Harlem Heights Community Charter School, 15570 Hagie Dr., Fort Myers
● Tice Elementary, 4524 Tice St., Fort Myers
● Boys & Girls Club of Lee County, Fort Myers, 7275 Concourse Dr., Suite 200
● Boys and Girls Club of Lee County, Lehigh Acres, 1262-1260 Wings Way
● Boys and Girls Club of Lee County, Pueblo Bonito, Bonita Springs, 26120 Pueblo Bonito Blvd.