Michael Chatman, president and CEO of the Cape Coral Community Foundation, invites the Southwest Florida community to nominate outstanding local nonprofit organizations, leaders and partners for the inaugural Excellence in Nonprofit Performance Yearly awards (The ENPYs). Criteria, instructions and nomination forms are available at ENPYAwards.com. Finalists and winners will be recognized at the inaugural awards luncheon on Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017 at Crowne Plaza Bell Tower in Fort Myers.
Up to three finalists will be selected in each of the following categories by a panel of judges.
- Nonprofit Organization of the Year (established more than three years ago)
- Nonprofit Rising Organization of the Year (established less than three years ago)
- Nonprofit Executive of the Year (CEO, president, executive director)
- Nonprofit Board Leader of the Year (board member)
- Nonprofit Employee of the year (paid staff member)
- Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year (individual who serves the organization and/or community)
- Nonprofit Business Partner of the Year (business who supports nonprofits and the community)
In addition, the Michel Doherty Community Impact Award and the Paul Sanborn Service Above Self Award will be presented to two inspirational individuals. The Organization of the Year and Rising Organization of the Year will each be awarded a grant from the Cape Coral Community Foundation. Application submissions are due Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 10 a.m.
Chatman said, “Those who dedicate themselves to nonprofit work are not motivated by recognition and honors. However, it’s important to celebrate their contributions in making Southwest Florida the best place it can be and let the community be inspired by those who, up until now, have served as our hardworking, unsung heroes.”
Confirmed sponsors thus far include LCEC, CONRIC PR & Marketing, Suncoast Beverage and Wicked Dolphin. Additional sponsorships are currently available. For more information, visit TheENPYs.com.
The Cape Coral Community Foundation, also known as the Global Center for Generosity, is a nonprofit organization created to help generous civic-minded donors that make a positive impact on their community and beyond. It works to grow philanthropy and strengthen society by encouraging endowments, addressing public needs and providing community leadership. For more information, call 239-542-5594 or visit CapeCoralCF.org.