Florida SBDC at FGCU (Fort Myers, Fla.) – The Florida Small Business Development Center (FSBDC) at Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) announces the 2021 Finalists for the 2021 Distinguished Entrepreneur Award of SWFL. Tune in live on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, at 6 p.m. via livestream.
This Year’s Finalists Are:
- Irina Cheva, BeautyDermaPro
- Stephanie Ahasic, Synergy Health
- E. Sue Huff, E. Sue Huff & Assoc. Inc.
- Samantha Scott, Pushing the Envelope, Inc.
- Jeremy Stakely, ITVantage, Inc.
- Connie Ramos-Williams, CONRIC pr + marketing
- Jeffrey Scott Bonk, Architectural Metal Flashings
- Ryan Young, Rising Tide Explorers
- Dan Puleio, Cape Cleaners
- Dr. Joseph Mercola, Natural Health Partners
- Dimitrios Settos, B3 Marketing LLC
- Gary Tasman, Cushman & Wakefield | Commercial Property Southwest Florida LLC
- Chris Rozum, Insite Managed Solutions
- Bill Daubmann, MY Shower Door / D3 Glass
- Joshua O. Dorcey, The Dorcey Law Firm, PLC.
- Teri Hansen, Priority Marketing of Southwest Florida, Inc.
- Giselle M Rattis, G&R Design Services LLC
- Carleen Murone, Imagine By Carleen Inc
- Reema Bhatia, Stickboy Creative
- James Dati, Clinical Wellness Network
- Trond Schou, NOR-TECH HI-PERFORMANCE BOATS
- Steven W. Russell, Creative Architectural Resin Products, INS.
Now in its tenth year, the award recognizes small business owners of Southwest Florida for their overall success and provides an opportunity for the local business community to celebrate their achievements.
The 22 finalists were selected from a pool of nominees from the five-county area of Southwest Florida and contend for one of three awards including; the “Distinguished Entrepreneur of the Year”, “Small Business Advocate of the Year” and “Distinguished Innovator of the Year”.
This year’s judges are Timothy J. Cartwright, Managing Director of Compass Advisory Group, Partner at Fifth Avenue Advisors, Phil Borchmann, Former Editor in Chief, Gulfshore Business Magazine, Ryan Carter, 2019 DE Winner and Executive Vice President, Scotlynn Transport LLC, Donna Flammang, Board Member of Brennan, Manna & Diamond, and Jonathan Rommie, Director for Second Muse.
The event provides an opportunity for the local business community to celebrate their achievements. The Hallmark sponsor for the tenth year in a row is Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Co, P.A.
Other sponsors include Sotlynn Group, Brennan, Manna & Diamond, Suncoast Credit Union, Spada Salon & Day Spa, Fenix Beauty, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants, and The Path of Being.
Previous winners of the three awards include Norman Love of Norman Love Confections in 2012, Pam Oakes of Pam’s Motor City in 2013, Felix Lluberes of Position Logic in 2014, Gary K. Mart of Global Tech LED in 2015, Chris Spiro of Spiro and Associates in 2016, Dr. Aurora Badia of Florida Skin Center in 2017, Scott Fischer of Scott Fischer Enterprises in 2018 and Ryan Carter of Scotlynn Transport LLC in 2019.
Due to the pandemic, the event will be completely digital and will be livestreamed. Register here to secure your spot for the live event! If you have any questions please contact the FSBDC office at 239-745-3700 or emailing email@example.com.
About the Florida SBDC at FGCU
The FSBDC at FGCU offers one-on-one, confidential, no-cost consulting and low-cost workshops for businesses throughout Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry, and Glades counties. The state designates the Florida SBDC Network as Florida’s principal provider of business assistance. The FSBDC at FGCU is a member of the Florida SBDC Network, a statewide service funded in part through cooperative agreements with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Defense Logistics Agency, State of Florida, and other private and public partners, and is hosted by Florida Gulf Coast University and nationally accredited by the Association of SBDCs. For more information, please visit www.fsbdcswfl.org.