FORT MYERS, Fla. (Nov. 2, 2022) – The Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association (SRMA) offers a wide range of information and networking events to manufacturers in the Southwest Florida region, as well as a national network of resources that has been crucial to Hurricane Ian recovery efforts for many SWFL manufacturing companies. While membership dues are inexpensive, SRMA understands that manufacturers have more pressing issues to tend to in the aftermath of the storm, so the organization is opening free access for six months to manufacturers who sign up before Dec. 31.
“Every day we enjoy products that we often don’t realize are made right here, in Florida. Many statewide members have been asking how they can help manufacturers recovering from Hurricane Ian in the Southwest region,” said Rob Harris, Executive Director of SRMA. “Communication is key in sharing these available resources and joining SRMA and taking advantage of our member-only benefits will allow these connections to happen.”
The SRMA network of business advisors can help identify and locate resources to assist Florida manufacturers based on their unique needs. SRMA member-only benefits include:
- Access to SRMA’s Community Network where you can post requests and questions to other community members, which include:
- All SRMA members via the SRMA Open Forum
- Members of other Regional Manufacturers Associations (RMAs) and various resource providers across the state via the FloridaMakes Open Forum
- Free access to Connex, SRMA’s statewide supply chain database for manufacturers, allowing you to:
- Enter a capabilities statement, allowing other manufacturers in need to find you
- Database search for other manufacturers who can assist you in this time of need
- Resource procurement via SRMA’s national network of Manufacturing Extension Partners found in all 50 states
SRMA also offers SBA disaster loan assistance in addition to hosting monthly events and educational opportunities for members and (non-member) manufacturing professionals. The November event includes a plant tour at Tyber Medical in Bonita Springs on Nov. 3, at 2:30pm, followed by social networking at Riptide Brewery. A full calendar of events is available on the SRMA website.
About the Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association
The purpose and objective of the Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association is to bring together manufacturers, promoting industry and individual growth, by providing networking opportunities, resources, and the collective voice of manufacturing through advocacy. It encourages cooperation, information sharing and mutual aid, fostering social relationships and community involvement. Learn more about the SRMA by visiting SRMA.net, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.