Having a LinkedIn Company Page is a great way to gain attention for your business. This page has the potential to show up when people search for you in Google, as well as showing up for searches within LinkedIn. The whole point of LinkedIn is to make quality business connections, so this platform is great for networking with like-minded professionals, sharing company news, and making relationships in your industry.
First off, set your business up for success by creating a company page. Create and share content from your company 3-4 times a week to this page to build its online reputation. You can also invite your connections to “follow” your page on the platform. Then optimize your LinkedIn presence by encouraging your staff to increase your audience reach and engagement.
Have your staff brand their personal pages to make them look and read as professional as possible:
- Use a professional-style headshot as the profile picture. These can be taken with a friend and a smartphone, but a studio or professional photo usually works best.
- Update the profile cover photo to include a company logo.
- Update profiles with current work information using keywords people will search for online.
From there, have them start building their online reputation:
- They should make regular posts 3-4 times a week if possible. These can alternate between personal news, industry-related articles, and content shared from your company’s Linkedin page.
- They should always respond to people who comment on their posts.
- They can join targeted groups and regularly participate in conversations.
- They can make connections with people they want to do business with.
- Best yet, they can recommend others and ask for recommendations. These are similar to Google and Facebook reviews.
Benefits of using Linkedin for Business:
- Creating shareable content that benefits your audience – According to LinkedIn, your company should post as many status updates as your content supports. You will reach more of your audience and extend your reach as you post more often. Your reach and engagement are extended each time one of your staff shares a post from your page. You can even click “notify employees” to let them know what content is most worth sharing.
- Differentiating yourself from your competitors – People are more likely to research your company before doing business with it. Having this page will help establish your credibility. It’s also a great way to showcase your company’s achievements and work culture. By letting your audience know how successful you are in your industry, they may think of you when making that next purchase or business decision.
- Lead Generation – LinkedIn opens the doors for networking and a flood of potential clients. Having your staff join in on groups and brand themselves as experts in their field may lead to business transactions within your community.
- Quality Business Connections – The most important benefit of LinkedIn is the fact that it is populated almost entirely by forward-thinking professionals such as yourself who are also looking for ways to grow their businesses. This creates a unique culture of individuals who, in representing their respective companies, make business easier for everybody.
If your whole company isn’t utilizing LinkedIn, then you are missing out on a valuable opportunity to grow your business and business for your staff. You can’t make participation on social media mandatory for your employees, but the more everyone works together as a team, the more likely business will grow for your company and your staff. Need help in the social department? Our team is always here to help walk you and your team through the benefits and setup of each platform. Schedule a free consultation today at conricpr.com or by calling 239.690.9840 Ext. 1001.