FORT MYERS, Fla. (March 23, 2023) – The Above Board Chamber of Florida is debuting a new program aimed at the area’s younger business leaders. In April, the group is introducing “Below 40” to bring pertinent topics and information to those 40 and younger. The monthly meetings will include a speaker on a specific topic along with brunch.
Jeanne Sweeney, Above Board Chamber of Florida president, said she has been planning to add programs for the younger generation for a few years. Many of the under 40 crowd have children and can’t attend after hours events. They are also often interested in different topics.
“We are getting a lot of people that are 40 and below,” Sweeney said. “They think differently, they want different things, and we want something to help them grow and become better business leaders. This will help them in their careers and their businesses. This just fits better into their schedules. We are very excited about it, and what is more important is, they are really excited about it.”
The first meeting of this new group will be held on Thursday, April 6 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the Hilton Naples. Everyone who signs up can take a DISC assessment test.
This behavioral assessment tool is designed to help individuals and organizations understand their behavioral tendencies and preferences.
The results will help with:
- Improved Self-awareness: Individuals will better understand their behavioral tendencies and preferences, which can help them improve their self-awareness, leading to greater self-confidence and the ability to make better decisions.
- Enhanced Communication Skills: Participants will better understand how to communicate more effectively with others based on their behavioral style. By understanding the communication style of others, individuals can tailor their communication style to better meet the needs of others.
- Improved Teamwork and Collaboration: The assessment also helps teams work more effectively by understanding each other’s behavioral styles, strengths and weaknesses, and that enhances the way teams work together more effectively to achieve their goals.
- Better Hiring and Talent Management: The DISC assessment can be used in the hiring process to identify candidates with the behavioral traits and preferences best suited for the job. It can also be used to develop and manage talent by identifying areas for improvement and providing training and development opportunities.
- Increased Productivity: By understanding their behavioral tendencies, individuals can identify strategies and tools to help them work more efficiently and effectively, increasing productivity.
Brian Chapman, CEO of Chapman Insurance Group is the sponsor of this inaugural “Below 40” meeting. Cotrenia Hood, CEO of Steel Bleu, a business coaching firm that offers companies innovative ways to improve organizational productivity and Dorothy Browning, a consultant for the Small Business Development Center based at FGCU, are the facilitators.
To register for the meeting go to AboveBoardChamber.com or call 239-910-7426.The price is $75 for members and $75 for non-members and includes the DISC Test and brunch.
* Registration cut-off is March 31 to allow time for attendees to receive, submit and process the DISC test.
The Above Board Chamber of Florida is dedicated to bringing people of all faiths together within the community, in the workplace and amongst one another. Their mission is to supply members with tools that allow them to take every aspect of their lives Above Board. For more information on the event or on how to become a member of the chamber, call CEO Jeanne Sweeney at 239-910-7426 or visit AboveBoardChamber.com.