Seminar to help women start new businesses
Successful businesswomen in the region are sharing their wisdom with budding female entrepreneurs. Women looking to start their own businesses can learn from some of Southwest Florida’s leading female entrepreneurs in a one-day seminar. Dress for Success SW Florida’s Entrepreneurial Spirit Program, or E$P for short, takes place on Saturday, Sept. 21 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. in the offices of Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A. at 8961 Conference Drive in Fort Myers.
The E$P Dream Team of five leading Southwest Florida professionals will cover topics designed to inspire future business owners and prepare them for success. The speakers and topics are as follows:
- Business accounting presented by Angela Cooley, partner at Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A.
- Understanding the importance of legal formalities, entity formation, copyright, trademarks and personal liability presented by Christina Harris Schwinn, partner at Pavese Law Firm.
- Small business loans and financing presented by Jenn Poppen, assistant vice president and business relationship manager at Fifth Third Bank.
- Branding and marketing plans presented by Connie Ramos-Williams, president and chief marketing officer of CONRIC PR & Marketing.
- Insurance for new businesses presented by Janet Moore, a chartered property casualty underwriter, certified insurance counselor and risk consultant at BKS-Partners.
A suggested donation of $25 to Dress for Success of Southwest Florida includes a continental breakfast, lunch and certification of completion. Seating is limited, and reservations are required at 239-689-4992.
Attorney Christina Schwinn of Pavese Law Firm is the presenting sponsor of the E$P program. Other sponsors include Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A., CONRIC PR & Marketing, Fifth Third Bank and BKS-Partners.