At its annual national conference in Orlando, the National Association of Realtors (NAR) honored Jan Wallace of Gulf Coast Realty on Nov. 5 with the prestigious Outstanding Service Award for excellence as a Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES).
While serving as caregiver to her parents, Wallace developed her passion for working with and helping seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home. That intimate experience has given her first-hand understanding of elder care needs and senior transition plans, including downsizing, moving or transitioning to a more supportive environment. Wallace is well versed in VA benefits, the referral of elder law attorneys and an array of other services she can tailor to every client.
Recipients of this distinguished honor are nominated by their SRES-designee peers and selected by an independent panel for meeting a stringent set of criteria. Outstanding Service Award recipients must:
• show extraordinary performance in their respective senior communities
• be outstanding leaders in the real estate community serving seniors and demonstrate a driving force for change and efforts to better serve seniors
• make a visible difference to either a specific group of seniors or show how real estate needs are met in their local community or nationally
• demonstrate that they are the source of knowledge and experience in working with the senior market in their community
• and show high principles and furtherance of the principles of good practice among Realtors and the senior consumer population.
Wallace said, “Being a Senior Real Estate Specialist means working in more than real estate. I don’t consider it outside my scope to routinely coordinate with the senior and/or the adult children in referring to elder law attorneys, VA benefits, financial planners, movers or packers to make a transition as smooth as possible. I’m proud of the award because it recognizes that as an effective SRES, going above and beyond has to be the rule rather than the exception.”
Wallace is the preferred Realtor in more than 30 adult communities in Lee and Collier County.
About Gulf Coast Realty
Gulf Coast Realty, LLC combines entrepreneurial energy, comprehensive industry experience and local market knowledge in the Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach, Cape Coral, Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, Sanibel, Captiva and North Captiva areas.
Gulf Coast Realty prides itself as a leader in the Southwest Florida market. Its agents receive ongoing training and education, and go above and beyond to deliver the diligent and ethical standard of care it is committed to providing its customers.
Call (239) 529-4404 or visit www.FindFloridaParadise.com.
At Gulf Coast Realty, your success matters.